Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Oaxaca >> Zipolite - Mazunte - Agustinillo - Ventanilla >> Topic

ATM's in Huatulco airport.

Posted by liesma 
ATM's in Huatulco airport.
January 18, 2016 11:46AM
I am looking for info in how many and which ATM,s are in the HUX airport. Has anyone heard of or had problems with issues such as machines having no cash, freezing bank cards or fraud ? I am flying directly to Huatulco from another country and will need pesos to pay for accomodation , I do not want to change a lot of money at home due to the poor exchange rate. I also do not want to have to ride into Pochutla soon after my arrival. Thank You.
Re: ATM's in Huatulco airport.
January 19, 2016 08:38AM
There are several ATMs in HUX. There is at least one Santander and a couple of Banamex. There may be others but I prefer Santander because it usually gives some smaller bills. We've never had problems however bring VISA or MasterCard since a friend's American Express card wouldn't work.
January 19, 2016 01:46PM
Thank You Frijole for your response even though this trip I will be going in the other direction, ie Puerto Angel , Zipolite, San Agustinillo.
Yes I have always found AMEX to be problematic outside of the US...even in Canada it is not accepted by everyone.
January 19, 2016 09:39PM
We were talking about Huatulco airport, right?
January 20, 2016 08:15AM
I appolohize, Frijole. I misread your post and thought you were talking about Huatulco ie La Crucecita. My bad ! Thanx for the info re smaller bills from Santander.
February 03, 2016 10:14PM
See my post in "Pto. Angel". I think there's only one.
February 13, 2016 09:32AM
This is what I found out...in the past few weeks, about ATMS between HUX airport and San Agustinillo.

HUX airport : the one...independent one... ( not attached to any particular bank as far as I could tell )... as you are about to exit arrivals, would not take either of my bank
cards ( Canadian )
: as I entered the check in for arrivals building, I saw a machine at the far end. This one worked for me.

Puerto Angel : Although I stayed in town for a few days I had no need for ATM and did not even look it up. An English speaking cabbie laughed
and said that it never seems to work ! ?

Zipolite: I found 2 ( independent ) ones....in front of the Hotel Playa Zipolite ( east end of adoquin ) ....It was not working and 2 other people said the same to me.
.....at the Hotel Nude...but...it ripped me off for 600 pesos ! ( did not get all the cash I requested and
what the slip stated!!!

San Agustinillo : There is a Santander machine at the east end of town on the main street...just east of the large sports field and across the
street ( north side ).....not easy to spot. I asked in a shop. This ATM was veeery slow...almost thought it had eaten my card, but I did receive all the pesos I asked for.

Mazunte : I was told there is one there but again I had no need to go looking for it.

Anyway.....hate being back in the cold...oh why could it not have been this -25 while I was basking in 30 C !!!
February 16, 2016 08:01PM
Used the Hux ATM, Only one I saw. Right near exit past Hertz, etc. January 9, 2016.
The fee was 91 pesos or so, highest I paid in 5 cities in Oaxaca state.
Pochutla was lowest at around 22 pesos fee.

Had no problems in HUX, other than the ripoff fee. Highest fee I have ever seen in Mexico.
I was using a chip card getting PESOS from a US credit union VISA debit.

Bueno Suerte‼️

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2016 08:05PM by MilleLacs.
February 17, 2016 11:18PM
There are 3 or 4 ATM's in the big, new building where you check in.
April 11, 2016 01:50PM
I too was had by the crazy high fee (like 70-80 pesos)at the ATM to the left when you enter the Check-in building at HUX last December. I think it was Banamex or Bancomer, can't remember. I noticed at the end of my trip that there were two other machines to the right when you enter that building that aren't visible unless you go in around the corner. Santander ATMs had a decent fee at other locations for a Cdn TD bank card.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |