Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Oaxaca >> Zipolite - Mazunte - Agustinillo - Ventanilla >> Topic

Playa Ventura - Huatulco

Posted by janinibean 
Playa Ventura - Huatulco
October 12, 2013 08:13PM
Hello all,

I am flying into Acapulco November 4th. I plan to take a taxi from the airport to Playa Ventura for one night and then on to Puerto Escondido and along the coast a few days here and there until I get to Huatulco. Does anybody have any different options to get from the Acapulco airport to Puerto Escondido? Are there flights between the two? I did the same trip a few years back, but stayed a day in Acapulco, which I don't want to do again...

Any tips or ideas would be appreciated. Any updates for travel in the are would be great as well.

Thank you,

Janine
Re: Playa Ventura - Huatulco
October 15, 2013 09:52AM
If I were you, I would repost this question in the Puerto Escondido forum.

There are no plane flights between Acapulco and Puerto Escondido. I would avoid the night bus, sometimes it gets robbed.
Re: Playa Ventura - Huatulco
October 28, 2013 11:29PM
And I'd say you were sticking way too close to conventional. Grab a bus from ACA to Huatulco. Hire a cab - cheap - for a run to Barra de la Cruz for great surfing in a much earthier location than Puerto Escondido. The folks from La Crema Bar in Huatulco have a new place to rent rooms there; it's a tiny community with spectacular surfing. Heading back, bus it all the way back to Pochutla. Something tells me you're not the kind to grab a rural transportation truck, so bargain for another cab to get from Pochutla to Zipolite-Mazunte-San Augustinillo-La Ventanilla and just stop at whichever makes your heart go pitter-patter. The Italian food in Zipolite and Mazunte will amaze you. And if none of these little communities make your heart dance, then you have no heart.
And next trip, maybe I'll recommend some even MORE out-of-the-way spots.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |