Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Oaxaca >> Zipolite - Mazunte - Agustinillo - Ventanilla >> Topic

New Yorker article set in Puerto Escondido/Mazunte

Posted by alan vlautin 
New Yorker article set in Puerto Escondido/Mazunte
February 05, 2011 09:10AM
In the February 7, 2011 New Yorker Francisco Goldman contributes a personal history, entitled The Wave. It is set in Mazunte and Puerto Escondido. It is a beautifully written story of a couple finding each other, falling in love and creating a vibrant life together. Tragedy comes in the form of a wave and is described in heart wrenching detail. I highly recommend it as I am in awe of the writer's ability to relate his devastating experience. Secondarily, is also an excellent cautionary tale on the ocean's power and the necessity of being fully aware of it. I am sure you will not soon forget it after reading it.
Re: New Yorker article set in Puerto Escondido/Mazunte
February 13, 2011 06:44AM
I just read the article. Very disturbing. I remember when it happened. Mortality is a bitch.
April 12, 2011 11:16AM
can you please tell me how I can read the article? I went to the New Yorker website and they require you to subscribe. Thank you!
July 15, 2013 01:35AM
I jumped into the water, very intoxicated, fully clothed, midnight with 20 foot plus sets. I was quickly taken out to the impact zone and went over several BIG waves. Their is so much air in the impact zone ot filled my clothes with air like a sponge and I floated like a cork. I washed ashore and did it again, same outcome......anyone else would have surely died. I survived because somebody is watching over me and thats a fact. And it was not the Ministerio Publico looking into my face after washing in for the second time. Let me tell you the airtime going over the sets was awesome:-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |