Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Test Forum >> Thread • Discusiσn

new post/mark read, red flag question

Posted by • Enviado por Dennis Miller 
new post/mark read, red flag question
April 09, 2010 06:49AM
Question about the little red flag that indicates a new topic, or a message that hasn't been read within a topic. I still get the red flag on the topic list, to the left of the topics I haven't looked at yet. If I open a topic, there used to be the same red flag on the specific posts I haven't read yet. Like if a topic has 10 posts and I haven't clicked on the 3 most recent posts, the red flag would be next to the bottom 3 that I haven't read yet. It's not there anymore, and hasn't been for some time (2-3 weeks?).

The red flag was handy, allowing me to quickly see which posts I hadn't read yet. Now I have to scan through all of them, trying to remember if I've already read them. Anybody notice the same thing, or have a solution. Gracias.
Re: new post/mark read, red flag question
April 09, 2010 09:13AM
I think the NEW posts within a thread say NEW

Sparks Blog - Melaque Blog - Costalegre
April 09, 2010 11:52AM
examples: here is the red flag, indicating an unread topic with new message(s)

here is what I see when I open the topic, before I've clicked on anything. I can't remember if it was a red flag, or "New", but nothing appears now.
April 09, 2010 04:01PM
Well I and a number of others are Moderated so the posts from us are not close to new since they release our posts 3-4 times a day

I really don't think that's the problem .... but I see NEW on new posts

It's also strange that I'm not logged in until I open one of the sections ... so something strange with cookies

And the forum search didn't work about a week ago. Not sure if that is fixed

..... Forgot I'm not moderated on this area

Sparks Blog - Melaque Blog - Costalegre

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2010 04:02PM by sparks.
April 11, 2010 05:03AM
If you return to the forum using the "Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home
April 11, 2010 05:17AM
Buzzard's solution works. But something has changed, because I didn't used to have to go through those steps to have new messages marked. My Firefox has been updated a couple of times, but I doubt that would be the cause.
April 11, 2010 09:39AM
I'm using the Mozilla Firefox browser ver. 3.6.3. All of the read flags are where they're supposed to be but after I read a few of the messages/topics I have to click on the 'reload current page' button in the tool bar to unflag those messages and topics that I've read.
April 11, 2010 07:40PM
Mike B - I'm also using Firefox 3.6.3. I see the red flags on the topics as you describe, but no red "NEW" on the individual posts within a topic, that I haven't clicked on/read. I used to see those, and it made it easy to see the individual posts within a topic I hadn't read.

Gracias to those that have tried to help
April 17, 2010 01:29PM
Dennis,

I don't see the word 'NEW' either but new, unread messages within the topic are flagged just like an unread topic (with the red flag).
April 17, 2010 05:44PM
Gracias. They are not flagged on mine, wish they were! Strange, since we are using the same Firefox version.
April 19, 2010 10:44PM
I'm back to my desktop, Firefox 3.6. The red "new" shows up on unread posts within a topic, as I'm used to seeing, and it's helpful to see the new posts marked clearly. My laptop, which started this thread, is Firefox 3.6.3, and the red "new" does not show up.

But, desktop is XP SP3, laptop is XP SP2 - more variables!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sσlo puedes enviar mensajes si estαs registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquν para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |