Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusión
6.2 earthquake struck near Mexico's Baja Peninsula
September 25, 2012 08:07PM
Print
I ran across this, about an hour ago
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - A magnitude 6.2 earthquake struck near Mexico's Baja Peninsula on Tuesday but a local official said there were no immediate reports of damage or injuries.

The quake's epicenter was located 46 miles north of La Paz, Mexico, and was centered in the Gulf of California, according to the U.S. Geological Survey.

"It felt pretty strong," said Ivan Calderon, a Baja Sur civil protection official, adding there were no reports of damages or injuries.

A magnitude 6 earthquake is capable of causing severe damage.

(This version of the story has been corrected to fix the magnitude figures in the headline and first para)

(Reporting by Michael O'Boyle; Editing by Bill Trott)

Steven
Re: 6.2 earthquake struck near Mexico's Baja Peninsula
September 26, 2012 06:10AM
Why would someone move this topic? We all felt it here and wondered what was going on.
September 26, 2012 07:21AM
some of the word police may not be smart enough to figure baja cal. is in mexico, and of course i have seen alot more cuss words being used of late go figure
September 26, 2012 04:22PM
I experienced the "shaker" in La Paz yesterday. It seemed to last for 8-10 seconds.

It´s front page news here today; schools are closed and officials are checking for damage.

The thunder and lightning that accompanied the quake added to its impact, a lot of people were scared shirt-less.

Rod
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sólo puedes enviar mensajes si estás registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquí para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |