Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusiσn

Mexico Loses Faith in Drug War, as Bodies Pile up in Pacific States

Posted by • Enviado por Xtremesurf 
Index
Aerial Photos
Birds
Fiestas
Fish
Recipes
Spanish
Telephones
Transportation
Mexico Loses Faith in Drug War, as Bodies Pile up in Pacific States
November 24, 2011 05:59PM
According to the ninth annual survey on the Perception of Security in Mexico, only 14 per cent of the Mexican public believes that the administration of President Felipe Calderon will win the war against organized crime. This represents a considerable decline in public confidence from March 2010, when 23 per cent of respondents in a similar survey believed the government would succeed.

[insightcrime.org]

ONLY 14 % !!!!!! That means 86% of Mexican citizens do not have faith in their own government to get control over this violent drug war in their streets!

And if American's don't think that this drug war affects the U.S.A, think again!
Many deaths, disappearances aren't tallied
And experts
Re: Mexico Loses Faith in Drug War, as Bodies Pile up in Pacific States
November 24, 2011 06:58PM
I know this to be true. Calderon called for denouncing drugs in Mexico over a year ago with a poster and an 800 number to call the militar.

A gringa I know was staying in a beachfront hotel and disturbed by dogs barking across the street where a family member sells cocaine and crystal meth. Gringa thought it was my wife's dogs but it isn't. Gringa phoned the hot line after finding out what the problem really was.

After gringa was long gone the militar arrived and a bunch of kids searched the house and found no drugs as they had been stashed in a capped off pipe nipple and tossed in a tool box. No dog was used to detect drugs. Happy ending, no drugs, family and dealer still in business and kids from the local base leave in their hummer. They didn't leave though before identifying the gringa to the family and drug dealer.

You need to have some fighting skills before you declare war on a more skilled enimego, amigos.

(do I need to copy this enlightening and cautionary comment to OFF TOPIC Nancy or will you post my 1% today?)
November 24, 2011 10:32PM
thats weird, half of my post was cut off, weird
November 24, 2011 11:55PM
What happened to the other half of my original topic post that I left open for discussion asking for everybodys feedback?

Two paragraphs on the original topic were suddenly chopped and deleted by tomzap and the original post has now been left chopped and looking out of context and incomplete now because the second informative half of my topic post that was inviting public feedback on the post was chopped!

Why? I have no Idea.

That is not the original post I posted at all, half of it is missing now and now the original topic post above is not an honest accurate representation of my original post of this topic.

Why on earth would the censors take out half of a open discussion post inviting others for an open intelligent discussion about Mexico's drug war that was asking for discussion feedback for a current events discussion topic that concerns us all?

There was nothing offensive in the post, no bad language was used, it was merely a current events topic left open for discussion for everybody to join and express their views on the topic that was chopped.

That's what the off topic section was for I thought, for things off topic.

I guess you don't want any intelligent discussions about important current events in Mexico here.
That's too bad for your readers that they can't see the whole topic written so they can respond to an important current events topic that has been chopped in half. Sad actually.
November 25, 2011 05:22PM
It doesn't shock me, in the least, that topics such as this are not on the main Barra-Melaque forum, where many start, but are hastily moved to "Off Topic". There are far too many Barrites and Melaque-es with vested interests, to tolerate such nasty news, whether it is Culican or Gaudaljara, it is still too bloody close to home. It leads me to believe, these drug dudes have absolutely no brains, no scruples, fuedal integrity, and control too much wealth. I had dreams of heading to PV in January, and do my usual week in Melaque, then off to Ajijic, then back to PV and home, but, am somewhat changing my mind. Rather than visiting Mexico, be it the Pacific Coast or the east side, I am leaning towads, the south western US, unless the weather stinks, like it did last winter.

Many of the resort owners are going to say, it is just a US ploy to bugger Mexico tourism and keep their citizens home, many others will say, oh ya, well, in Vancouver, the druggies are popping each other every second night, along with every US city, well,,,, certainly, it happens, but our druggies don't stuff 23 or 26 tortured and mangled bodies in cars in a Walmart in Carlsbad, CA, or hang headless people off overpasses, for all to see. A few years ago, 2 mechanical types were shot multi times on hiway 200 just outside Melaque(guess they should have paid their pusher?) and the family of 6 on a ranch south of the same area were shot to fly screen, so it somewhat tells me, where there is smoke, there is fire.

I truly feel for resort owners, and home owners, that will definetly be effected in the long run, if the mayhem continues. If anything, it could very well get worse. I will revisit when Mexico comes down to a dull roar, and the news is on about turtle assistance, mountain day trips, and pot luck dinners.
November 25, 2011 06:00PM
This post was not moved here, it was posted here directly.
November 26, 2011 12:23PM
That's fine, Nancy, but many posts that irritate the locals because of their investments being bruised, are either ridiculed by those same people, or moved to Off Topic. Anyone in business in the area of Melaque or Barra, be it part time or full time, take offence when someone mentions it. I don't blame them. But when I read about multi person slaughters on the website, and other reports through out the internet, I find it somewhat rattling. Then to hear the topic on my local radio news, then at dinner time TV news really gets me. Don't get me wrong, please. After visiting for over 40 years in all parts of Mexico, I keep going back because of the people, food, the list goes on, and it could very well be, that people like me are sub-consciously pi$$ed off, because bad news hurts our feelings. I have to sit back and take a break from Mexico, in the hopes it reverts back to the way it was 25 years ago. Maybe Obama should recall ALL his troops in the middle east, and lend them to Mexico, to clean up the gangs? Canada, I am sure, would toss their hat in the ring, too. The military of these 2 countries COULD clean up the drug lords, instead of fiddling around with societies which have been fighting for 1000's of years, OR, is there just too much bloody money in drugs?
November 26, 2011 12:54PM
Roman, where you been??????? You know by now that the PC police are all over the place and they
are in charge of suppressing the truth!
December 01, 2011 05:16PM
"This post was not moved here, it was posted here directly."

as a full time guy in the area with many years in..., i think the expats are in an observer role...if they just go about being fairly boring folk...

there have been 2 big deals here involving kidnapings and ransoms in the last 3 days...both resolved with the locals settling up...somehow...

not my buziness, and not my worry
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sσlo puedes enviar mensajes si estαs registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquν para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |