Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusiσn
A Tale of 3 Cultures
April 23, 2021 02:24PM
... today a gentleman walked into Ava's with a machete.. he sat down and ordered a michalada, chatted with staff, waved to the cops as they drove by... nothing out of the ordinary.

In Canada the cops would have been called, him shot or if lucky arrested, a week long trial costing half a million dollars in legal fees and court costs. him found guilty of some nasty charge. sent to jail for 2 years costing the taxpayer $250,000. then he'll be released with a criminal record.

In the USA they'd have simply shot him on sight. especially if he's got a dark skin.

... he left Ava's with a smile and a wave...carrying his machete.

Viv la Mexico

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2021 02:40PM by MortimerSnerd.
Re: A Tale of 3 Cultures
April 23, 2021 02:29PM
again, this is a tad on the political side, snide

In Canada you might be charged with hate speech

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2021 02:31PM by M Morgan.
April 23, 2021 03:42PM
MortimerSnerd Wrote
-------------------------------------------------------
> ... today a gentleman walked into Ava's with a
> machete.. he sat down and ordered a michalada,
> chatted with staff, waved to the cops as they
> drove by... nothing out of the ordinary.
>
> In Canada the cops would have been called, him
> shot or if lucky arrested, a week long trial
> costing half a million dollars in legal fees and
> court costs. him found guilty of some nasty
> charge. sent to jail for 2 years costing the
> taxpayer $250,000. then he'll be released with a
> criminal record.
>
> In the USA they'd have simply shot him on sight.
> especially if he's got a dark skin.
>
> ... he left Ava's with a smile and a
> wave...carrying his machete.
>
> Viv la Mexico

Nope. In Canada the RCMP would likely only respond in the event of an actual assault using the weapon and only if it caused real injury. They pretty much no longer attend threats anymore unless it is domestic. Most assualt cases result in zero jail time aside from time spent waiting to see a judge. You have to do much more than carry a weapon to get jail time but thanks for the drama. You ever consider writing fiction?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2021 03:43PM by Spoolmak.
April 23, 2021 03:55PM
... arrested for carrying a machete in Canada

[globalnews.ca].

... a second unrelated incident... it's considered carrying a weapon in Canada, and that's an indictable offense where you can go straight to jail without bail.

[www.iheartradio.ca]

Not Fiction... as I said it's a tale of three (very different) cultures.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2021 04:41PM by MortimerSnerd.
April 24, 2021 01:26PM
So true Mort. The RCMP came out to the farm to seize all my handguns that had been bought legally but the neglected to inform me that my FAC had expired until after the fact and forced me to divest of all of them or else I would be charged, fined and given a criminal record. So, because I didn't renew my permit I was going to become a criminal. Only in Canada. Also, I do not think that you have politicized this issue as some have stated. Just my honest opinion.
April 25, 2021 10:42AM
Mexico it is not uncommon to see someone walk around with a machete .iIn Canada and the US it is not seen daily and would be a usual site. It would be reported ,and who knows what would happen next.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sσlo puedes enviar mensajes si estαs registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquν para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |