Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusiσn

blister/boils on feet

Posted by • Enviado por peterkirkdale 
Index
Aerial Photos
Birds
Fiestas
Fish
Recipes
Spanish
Telephones
Transportation
blister/boils on feet
December 19, 2010 08:28AM
I have a friend who has developed a large boil on her feet between the big toe and next one. It is about 1" in diameter and seems to be growing. Any experience in these matters? She had them last year, got them lanced from a doctor who then said he should leave them alone. HELP !
I could send a picture if that would help.
Re: blister/boils on feet
December 19, 2010 02:08PM
Boils are usually caused by a staph infection. She should apply hot compresses (w/ or without Epsom salts) -- or soak in hot water -- several times a day. Temperature as hot as can tolerate. After a couple of days, it should rupture on its own and the pus inside will drain. Continue to soak for at least 3 days after it has opened. A series of oral antibiotics may be indicated.

In the meantime it is important to not spread the infection to other areas on herself or to other people. Shower instead of bath; use an antibacterial soap; cover the boil; wear shoes at all times. There are some natural remedies which may be successful -- for example apply mashed garlic to boil -- but the hot compresses/soaks should open it up and allow it to heal. Lancing is indicated only if the heat does not allow it to open up on its own.

It is important to get this under control quickly as she does not want to develop a blood infection.
December 19, 2010 03:42PM
Take a look at this [www.howtogetridofstuff.com] I hope it helps.
Good luck
Nels
December 19, 2010 04:10PM
Anytime I have a break in the skin here, especially the feet, the first thing that goes on after a good wash is Polysporin.

December 19, 2010 04:19PM
If it truly is a boil and not a blister, you couldn't get much better advice than what Estudiante wrote you.
December 20, 2010 08:43AM
I thank everyone for their input. We might try some aloe around the blister and wait. Otherwise maybe Doctor Mabel will have some advise. Thanks again
December 20, 2010 11:40AM
xxx

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2013 11:59AM by Pedro.
December 20, 2010 03:14PM
Nothing more ridiculous than watching some stupid hippy kids get to Mexico and go without shoes. Anyone doing so deserves what they get. LOL
December 21, 2010 09:10PM
not much more rediculous than asking medical advise on Tomzap...
December 21, 2010 11:57PM
"not much more rediculous than asking medical advise on Tomzap..."
.... nor allowing the sick ***HALL MONITORS***
to pick and choose what questions get bumped from the original forum.

This message has been brought to you by ..........................

"Be quiet, when the ***dogs*** bark, it is because we are working"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sσlo puedes enviar mensajes si estαs registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquν para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |