Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread Discusin
Now What-USA?
December 18, 2019 08:01PM
Abuse of Power?

Obstruction of Congress?

What´s next?
Re: Now What-USA?
December 21, 2019 04:07PM
More and more, Impeachment is a thing, a thing that could very well happen in the Senate regardless of whomever tells you it’s a done deal.

I have been listening to the music and I don’t see it that way. In the last few days a flood of editorials from leading newspapers throughout the country called for it, that’s significant. Also significant is the sour reaction I sense to the blatant acknowledgement by Senators Mitchell and Graham that they will not be impartial jurors in the Senate. Serving on a jury is a central duty to American citizenship and many citizens have done so, to their honor. To treat that duty and honor so lightly offends them and the inherent American sense of fair play in civil disputes.

Something else I sense is that the Trump playbook which, in many ways, has successfully borrowed from the notion that lies, repeated, continuously eventually sink in as true. The flip side of that is now coming into play as the case that his call was not “perfect” and an attempt at bribery was involved to engage a foreign nation to influence the 2020 election for his benefit that was made in the hearings and is continually made in the news, daily. Now, there is a general weariness of him and his act and his Republican defenders with their political passion play performance pieces, on television, complete with a Kavanaugh angry face flourish end up looking ludicrously weak.

Then again, how can one look good trying to defend Donald Trump? There were views that he would rise to the level of gravity the office of President entails. Sadly not for a minute and while the cult shows up for the rallies, there is no indiction its ranks are growing, especially among the young as he’s not much of a role model. Basically, his song is sung and the rising tide of public opinion is ebbing away.

That’s the way it seems to me lately and that’s the music I hear, taking a trip, back to San Jose,1972 with the Doobie Brothers. “Listen to the Music”

“Don't you feel it growing, day by day
People getting ready for the news
Some are happy, some are sad
Woah, gotta let the music play”

And look at it this way, this whole Impeachment thing has got the President so rattled that his campaign outed him as a crossdresser, being a sixteen year old girl who made the cover of Time instead of him!

In the song there’s a line about finding “a way to make you smile” :)
December 22, 2019 06:30PM
An embarrassment, a clown, but don't underestimate the stupidity and fear of the people of the US. "City on the hill"? Only in demagogues' spewings. Servants of the oligarchy more like.
December 23, 2019 05:11AM
One way of looking at the elephant but it negates much of the positive that is and was. Maybe slipping off those blue shades of nihilism Malchik, would offer a broader view. Forget Trump, he’s currently dead in the water.
December 29, 2019 08:22PM
"Nihilism"? I care deeply about my country. It could be a place where citizens support each other's well being, education and health, where neighbors can earn a living wage and expect their vote to count, where the goods and services produced by working people are not lapped up so disproportionately by the top .01%, where we share a concern and love for our natural environment. First we have to acknowledge how we have gone wrong. Nihilism would be not caring enough to recognize the situation and not responding. There are candidates who care as deeply as i do. Please give them your support if you are a US citizen
December 30, 2019 07:59AM
"but don't underestimate the stupidity and fear of the people of the US" Maybe I read you wrong, Malchik and I like this different tune and I'll vote for whom I think would do best along those lines.
January 12, 2020 03:59PM
No post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2020 07:52PM by bradc.
January 12, 2020 04:00PM
No post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2020 07:48PM by bradc.
January 12, 2020 04:02PM
No post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2020 04:18PM by bradc.
January 12, 2020 04:02PM
No post

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2020 05:21PM by bradc.
January 12, 2020 04:19PM
No post-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2020 07:49PM by bradc.
January 12, 2020 07:55PM
No post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2020 05:22PM by bradc.
January 12, 2020 07:57PM
No post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2020 05:22PM by bradc.
March 05, 2020 08:50AM
TRUMP 4 more years, drives the left off the cliff, love it love it
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Lo siento, slo puedes enviar mensajes si ests registrado.

Click here to login Haz click aqu para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |