Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusiσn

The disillusionment of Generation X

Posted by • Enviado por buzzardwest 
Index
Aerial Photos
Birds
Fiestas
Fish
Recipes
Spanish
Telephones
Transportation
The disillusionment of Generation X
November 14, 2010 05:50AM
Re: The disillusionment of Generation X
November 15, 2010 07:17AM
Self justifying neocon beltway crap from the WaPo. pick a few historical 'moments' and ignore history. So Afgh was justified huh? Iraq too? I see different judgments.
November 15, 2010 10:35PM
history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF

This was/is the generation that ran from , and still is, from responsibly for anything. You bring up Afghanistan and Iraq. This is the generation that even protested responsibility that led to the "all voluntary military" that lives in an isolated world devoid of public opinion. If we had an enforceable draft for every citizen ---------------------------------- politicos from either party would think twice about national sovereignty and sticking their nose into every corner of the globe. HAH, and STFU about history and let Rolling Stone talk for you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2010 10:47PM by buzzardwest.
November 16, 2010 06:02AM
November 16, 2010 06:58AM
So ashamed it wouldn't open. Don't mind me, skip the history junk and just rant away.
November 16, 2010 05:02PM
re:"So ashamed it wouldn't open"
It has a tendency to do that with closed/firewalled minds!

re"Don't mind me, skip the history junk and just rant away." vs "Self justifying neocon beltway crap from the WaPo. pick a few historical 'moments' and ignore history."

Doublespeak?
November 17, 2010 03:30PM
Ouch Buzzard...I am a Gen X-er. I think X-ers fair relatively well compared to the Baby Boomers and Echo Boomers (aka Gen Y or Gen Next). Being wedged between these two groups...there is a lot to be disillusioned about!!! That's my best tongue in cheek comeback...yeah a bit weak, I know.

Kidding aside...what's the point being made about GenXer's? While I find the WaPo article an interesting read, the author seems to be trying to make a specific point (which escapes me) using sweeping generalizations. Is the author "pinning" all of the US's considerable problems on Gen X???
November 17, 2010 07:50PM
re: "what's the point being made about GenXer's? While I find the WaPo article an interesting read, the author seems to be trying to make a specific point (which escapes me) using sweeping generalizations. Is the author "pinning" all of the US's considerable problems on Gen X???"

I found the article, and I do not read nor am I as intelligent as most, (I do like to hang out with those that challenge, preferably face to face), a take on history without the confines of political justification (merely a microscopic view through tunnel vision).

I found in that article the first self examination, by a member of an undefined generation, of the events that have happened over the past 40+ years to be an interesting, non political first take on what has gone "wrong", or "right".

Only history will decide.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sσlo puedes enviar mensajes si estαs registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquν para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |