Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusiσn
POLITICAL OPINIONS
March 10, 2017 08:32PM
I am a proud American retired and disabled. Every time I turn around like today I hear Canadians slamming America. What's up with that? Without America bordering and protecting Canada with a population of 35 million plus or minus would be in the hands of Russia or better yet turn it over to Quebec so the french can control you? I am so tired of Canadians slamming America! If America did not protect you what would you do? Beg for help I would guess?
Re: POLITICAL OPINIONS
March 11, 2017 07:28AM
It's not just Canadians bashing Americans it's people off all nationalities, races bashing whomever. If heard Canadians and Americans bashing others including each other and I've come to the belief that it's usually out of ignorance and/or intolerance. If we just thought of us all as "people" and not labels, the entire world would be a better place.

Good Morning From San Patricio !
March 11, 2017 07:41AM
Well, I am a proud Canadian....I live in Quebec, though I cannot call myself a Quebecer, being from the English part. I don't hear anyone in Quebec or Ontario slamming the Americans, maybe it's a Western thing. I am reading a wonderful book from the bookshelf at Esmeralda's Restaurant called What is America, A Short History of the New World Order by Ronald Wright. Well written, it explains from the historical beginnings of the rise of America ( basically a blood bath) to where it is today, truly the greatest country in the World. But nothing lasts forever....I hope it lasts me out.....I am 85 years old, so chances are it will!. But you never can tell....things happen pretty fast.
March 11, 2017 09:19AM
Crutch Dave,
First,I am agree with you when you say you had enough of canadian slamming America!
I had enough me to and im canadian,I Really think that all those canadian Who do that,should start and very quickly
To look at their governement and Prime minister Who if he continue like that will put Canada in big problems with His
Multiculturalism and immigration policy!were gonna end like Germany and France with all their problems with immigration
If Trudeau continue like that!
Now the part in your message that I realy dont like,you do the same thing and worst with your comments on the french canadian!
Come on,compare us to RUSSIA....wow....you dont exagerate a little bit?you could be surprise on how many people from the province of quebec
Who feel more close to the U.S than Canada,or at least Canada with Trudeau!
So please dont put canadian all in the same basket,we are not all Anti american,all Anti trump!in fact lots of canadian
Feel that they are not recognise themself with this gouvernement!
Buen Dia Deer american friend!
March 11, 2017 10:10AM
yes great usa please save us from the Quebec french as they scare the rest of us poor canadians
March 11, 2017 12:28PM
Please don't tar all of us with the same brush. I was brought up to be polite and respect other people's opinions and/or religion and am very proud of what is called our "western hospitality". Unfortunately, as time goes on some of these qualities are lost by certain people, if they even ever had them. I am very happy to have the USA as a neighbor and regret that some folks don't feel the same way.
March 11, 2017 09:17PM
Dave, we all listen to what interests us, and we have a choice in that. As a Canadian born resident and American citizen, never lived in USA, but pay taxes for the privilege, I can hear your plea. Let's consider the fact that Canada is 10%+- of the US population. Yet, Canada has a larger footprint than the continental USA, tons of resources, speaks the same language and is a trading partner of billions of dollars per day. When America gets indigestion, Canada starts burping, that's how close we are. Brothers with separate Mothers. When people who may be affected and are directly involved have an opinion, it may well be based on what is perceived by us as close neighbours. (notice the spelling) From stock markets to currency valuations, we are lockstep with USA. Bashing, is a perceptive term, depending on where it originates, but certainly the USA does not have a monopoly. Neither do Canadians. Opinions are likely originated from the heart in this case, and people often have little filter on how this is expressed. My personal suggestion is that we all jump, but only AFTER the gun goes off. In our lives, in all likelihood, we may never again see the turmoil and lack of clarity and direction that is currently on our doorstep. Lets all take a deep breath, there will be a tomorrow. Even your view of Canada has some chinks in the armour. Not even all Canadians think the same. Those of us living west of the Rockies have a different nationalistic view of the country, than the eastern populace. Vis a vis California, Oregon and Washington States in the US. So, maybe the answer is to listen and view each of our opinions based on the needs, wants and desires of each of our concerns and accept that, at least with politics, not all of those will be met for everyone, and protest and complaint will be the vent. Just a thought.
March 13, 2017 07:45PM
Thanks all for your point of view. The fact remains that all of North America are one in the same as far as governmental issues. We all have issues needed to be addressed. I am not saying that America is above any other country. I am saying that I get tired of my country being slammed by those with opinions not warranted. Meaning that most I have met here in Mexico from Canada slam America. I am not at all sure that our new president is the solution to world problems. Let's give him a chance as a business man to at least reduce the spending's to support the thousands of illegals in the country. I live full time in Mexico. If my documents are not in hand they would deport me.
Dave
March 13, 2017 09:26PM
Are you presuming to decide whether opinions are warranted or not???
July 07, 2018 08:01PM
Crutch Dave Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks all for your point of view. The fact
> remains that all of North America are one in the
> same as far as governmental issues. We all have
> issues needed to be addressed. I am not saying
> that America is above any other country. I am
> saying that I get tired of my country being
> slammed by those with opinions not warranted.
> Meaning that most I have met here in Mexico from
> Canada slam America. I am not at all sure that our
> new president is the solution to world problems.
> Let's give him a chance as a business man to at
> least reduce the spending's to support the
> thousands of illegals in the country. I live full
> time in Mexico. If my documents are not in hand
> they would deport me.
> Dave
the documents are the thing most people forget about if your coming into any country, canada, usa mexico but liberal usa people seem to think it is all right, the libs need to try and go anywhere without papers doesnt fly,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sσlo puedes enviar mensajes si estαs registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquν para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |