Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusiσn
If Trump wins....
November 06, 2016 08:12AM
the talk is if Trump wins, the peso might go north of $25 to $1usd. i'm holding off changing dollars till after the election. in that doomsday scenario at least i can drink myself silly on the cheap. coconutz
Re: If Trump wins....
November 06, 2016 08:20AM
Hedge one's bets by buying half the pesos now and half after the election?
November 06, 2016 09:27AM
I'm waiting until the fed raises its rate. I think it will be in December. And Trump isn't going to win, he doesn't have the electoral college votes.
Here's a scary Hillary story I heard on NPR, she doesn't know how to use a desk-top computer! She does all her e-mail on her BlackBerry! Of course her staff does all the computer stuff for her, but still...
November 06, 2016 10:00AM
If Trump wins, we're inviting everyone we know to move to Puerto.
November 06, 2016 10:13AM
And if any of your friends are 'late bloomers' (or at minimum, are Slow Learners) then perhaps your invitation may prove to eventually be a rather sensible one, AND, might well be duly accompanied by an inevitably requisite, and perhaps ever-welcome Exodus Pole Vault….. TOO!!

On the other hand, only The Illuminati really 'knows for sure'.....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2016 11:05AM by KR.
November 06, 2016 10:36AM
If Trump wins, there may be an anti-American reaction in Mexico. I remember the days of Yankee Go Home that made Americans unpopular throughout Latin America. I'm already getting flak from Mexicans about Trump. Carlos Slim says a Trump victory would be a disaster for the Mexican economy.
November 06, 2016 11:49AM
i doubt imago's possible theory about backlash. the mexicans will welcome us no matter who is elected. my mexi tennis pals, and i think most mexicans follow the election closely. they find it hilarious, not threatening. in fact, one of em even has a "bad hombre" tee shirt and a "nasty woman" tee for his wife. they get a kick out of all the goofy trump comments like them paying for the wall, being rapists, miss piggy, miss housekeeping, drug users, etc. i've said it before here.....i love america, just not half of the americans.....one of the reasons i now reside in the southern mexican tropics. coconutz
November 06, 2016 09:08PM
Well the 'nasty woman" just got cleared yet again by the FBI on this Weiner email thing...and the Canadian Loonie promptly tanked against the peso in after market weekend desk trading... just wait till tomorrow and Wednesday. Me thinks it's gonna be a volatile week in currency trading.
November 06, 2016 11:13PM
Spoiler alert:
The British bookmakers are giving 5/1 and 6/1 odds on a Clinton victory. Also latest news is that California's recreational marijuana initiative is expected to be approved by a large majority of voters.
November 07, 2016 12:30AM
The bookmakers actually have HRC at 1/5 and 1/6 - perhaps someone could explain to Imago how odds work...
November 07, 2016 07:57AM
"...... perhaps someone could explain to Imago how odds work..."

;-) [www.youtube.com]
November 07, 2016 08:11AM
I'd rather have Trump than Hillary any day. I know what she is, what she stands for, what's she's done and what she said. There isn't one thing she champions that I agree with. Her policies don't represent or encourage working people to succeed and better themselves. That's all I need to know about her. Every American as well as every Mexican and their kids and grand kids will have more opportunities and wealth if Trumps elected than if Hillary gets in office. Past history, and her mountain of failed policies around the world SHOULD be enough for any rational person to make an educated decision. Trump has nothing to do with it.
November 07, 2016 08:19AM
Dove, you got it right. I was thinking that the odds are 5 to 1 in her favor and I wrote the numbers backwards.
November 07, 2016 08:23AM
MortimerSnerd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well the 'nasty woman" just got cleared yet again
> by the FBI on this Weiner email thing...and the
> Canadian Loonie promptly tanked against the peso
> in after market weekend desk trading... just wait
> till tomorrow and Wednesday. Me thinks it's gonna
> be a volatile week in currency trading.

So far in a day the peso moved 5% and the $can has moved .3%
November 09, 2016 05:02AM
Well looks as if Puerto Escondido is going to get alot more crowded.
November 09, 2016 02:29PM
I am very surprised that there aren't any comments about the new president!!
November 11, 2016 07:54AM
Ugh...........pizza pizza little Caesars
November 11, 2016 10:37AM
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. • Lo sentimos, no puedes responder a este tema. Ha sido cerrado.
| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |