Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusiσn

TIME FOR A NEW TOPIC

Posted by • Enviado por rompinggie 
Index
Aerial Photos
Birds
Fiestas
Fish
Recipes
Spanish
Telephones
Transportation
TIME FOR A NEW TOPIC
July 14, 2010 08:26AM
Well, now that everyone has had a crack at the gal that begs, and shows the world her panties, then slaps you, and Bonnie, and some other gal that bums $ for poor souls via the airport, how bout a break. I know I don't have to look, but 6 guys murdered that likely deserved it, the 2 men shot on the hiway in Melaque, watch batteries, iddy biddy chunks of jungle for sale, new overpriced homes and missing people, are becoming mundane.

Maybe the weather, where ever you may be.

I'll start. After last weeks hot spell, this week is absolutely perfect. I am referring to the SW corner of B.C. For you Americans, this area would be your San Diego. San Diego is one of my favourite US cities. LA and Phoenix are the bottom of the list. Detroit was no hell in 1967 when the coloured folk were trying to burn it down, either. I spent about 2 hours there, then beetled back to Windsor, another hole.

Anyways, lets get a weather report. Maybe tell the world what you are making yourself for lunch. Me? I'm making a sundried tomatoe(tomatoes have been soaking in seasoned oil after drying for 2 years) and Feta Quiche. What you having? Not a Pacifico and a pair of fish tacos, I hope.
Re: TIME FOR A NEW TOPIC
July 14, 2010 11:43AM
"Detroit was no hell in 1967 when the coloured folk were trying to burn it down, either."

L.T.? Is that you?
July 14, 2010 04:58PM
Mike B.

No, I am not LT. I went to Expo 67 in Montreal, from B.C in a VW van. Long hair, eating pure protein along the way, we all got hives, and it was hot as hell. Expo stunk, in my estimation. Spent 1/2 a day there and saw nothing but lineups, so got PO'ed with my travelling companions, and went to visit my cousin in Lake St. Claire by bus. He took me to Detroit to a strip joint. Natch, we were too young, and my cuz told me, if the coloured folks approached us, to keep my big mouth shut, which in those days was an absolute challenge, being from the West Coast, and hardly ever seen a black person. Ya we got cajolled by 4 to 6 of them in pink Cadiallacs, just like the movies, but came out of it unscathed. Never been back to the east, except Atlanta every year for about 10 years. Now, there is a book, maybe a volume of books.
July 14, 2010 05:53PM
OK, I`ll bite
I live in the North Shuswap, BC. We were cooking in 32-38C degrees temperatures for about a week and then it turned and we go down to about 9C at night and maybe 20C for a high.
It`s sunny, I`m getting ready for some barbq steaks for supper by having some Glenfiddich.
Life is good, so is the Glenfiddich.
To bad I can`t get any LOS ARANGO Tequila Reposado here, I`d save a whole lot of money.
July 14, 2010 06:52PM
"if the coloured folks approached us"

L.T.? Is that you?
July 14, 2010 09:31PM
Mike,

Who in the hell is LT? I ain't him. Back in 67, the whites wern't that popular with the non whites. Get it? So when confronted, you simply kept walking, no eye contact, notta. It was a tense summer down there. Could still be, for all I know. Havn't been back, and won't be either.
July 14, 2010 10:54PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2010 11:31PM by Mike B..
July 15, 2010 07:48AM
So, Sandy,

How did the Glenfidditch treat you last night? Probably similar to a good dose of Tequila, huh?. We were up in Salmon Arm last summer for a wonderful 10 days. We stayed in a campground owned by the natives, just NW I think. Dusty, not bad. Won't go back. Many years ago I lived in Sicamous and worked in Canoe for Fed Co-op. Noticed many changes in your lovely area. One of my favourite places when I was there, full time, was Eagle Valley(I think). I was young then, and always considered kinna Hillbilly, but nice.
July 15, 2010 08:45AM
Hey Rom
Never a problem with Glenfiddich, just a little pricy.
The North Shuswap is different to the Salmon Arm area, you gotta go over the bridge, past Scotch Creek (and NO, that's not where glenfiddich comes from) and onwards and you enter the past. It's like Bowen Island used to be in the 60s or 70s, before it became mostly part of West Vancouver; if you know what I mean. There is a large gov'mt camp ground in Scotch Creek and a small one, like forestry camground just past Saint Ives. And if you keep going you end up in Seymour Arm where just about everybody has diesel generators running day and night for......... Nice primitive campgrounds in that area too.
July 15, 2010 09:59AM
Hey Sandy, Hells bells, we would have been better up your neck of the woods. So is that the bridge that crosses the Adams River, or am I completley lost? I know there is a turn off about 10 miles? from that crappy campsite we were in. When we left last summer there were forest fires set by some screw ball, impersonaying a forestry dude, right? Is that your road? So when you run out of Glenfidditch, do you go to Chase or Salmon Arm. Or, just jump in the boat to SA. Nice part of the world. You can see my neck of the woods, if you look up www.bigpacific.com and poke around for Halfmoon Bay. I guess you arn't far from the boating disastor 2 weeks ago or so? Sad! You have a great day, I will!
July 15, 2010 03:32PM
Hey B.C. people. Really sorry about the HST you got stuck with.
I don't know one government that is really in touch with what the people want!
No..............not trying to make a political thread, just saying about the hst!
July 15, 2010 05:46PM
Hey Scott, You talk about a blow to people, financially. My bag of peanuts everyday, has gone from 1.05 CAN to 1.12. I am not being sarcastic, but didn't I hear our Gov, mention the HST would be Financially Neutral? Poor people get an HST cheque every 3 months, I think. I am poor, and got a notice today, hoping it was a cheque, saying I am not poor enough? Gas is up, thanks to another Neutral kick in the balls, our carbon tax, while gas prices are down all over N. America this past week. Another kicker, just out of the British Columbia News Room Dumpster, On Line Gambling. B.C. will be the largest on line gambling situ/website in North America. Was Al Capone, right? Hmmmmm!
July 15, 2010 08:42PM
Yup, you are on the right road, Rom, the first bridge crosses the South Thompson, the second one the Adams River.
The 'boating disaster' happened when after some fireworks, attended by lots of boats, a speedboat ran right smack into the front of a houseboat and parked itself high and dry in the middle of the houseboat, killing the houseboat driver.Both of the operators were from the community I live in, didn't know them though.Lots of yahoos on the water.
I worked for 24 years out of Bowen Isl.salvaging logs, all the way up to Lasquety (SP), Texada, tied up around Halmoon Bay a couple of times. Beautiful Sunshine coast, to bad the ferry system sucks other ways we'd be living there.The climate in the North Shuswap is similar to your area, Lot's of cedars, almost rain forest, mild winters, a bit more snow but it usually gets washed away from rain. No Arbutus though, just a bit to cold.
Oh, when I run out of Glenfiddich it's time to visit relatives in Alberta and stock up at 1/4 to 1/3 off the BC price.:)
July 15, 2010 08:54PM
Sandy, Yes, here in B.C. we do take a Royal Hosing on booze. My Bud Light in the states, or Canadian, is often on sale for 5 bucks a dozen. Here is only 23 and change. Too bad it takes us all bloody day to get to the far side, or I'd be in the states every 2 weeks, getting gas, meat, our fish, beer, and Glenfiditch.
So, I know where you are. Many years ago, my best pals parents had a lot right on the beach, I'm gonna guess 5 or 6 miles from the No. 1. There was a small herd of them. Firemen, bakers from Woodward's etc. But all is sold. Just like my parents place in Tulameen. Wish I had that now. Sheesh.
July 16, 2010 07:24AM
August 30, 2010 06:31PM
He does not type like a CANADIAN.
Where is the old lady that owns his place, is she dead? murdered? definitly disappeared.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/2010 06:32PM by Info1.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sσlo puedes enviar mensajes si estαs registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquν para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |