Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusión
murder
October 01, 2016 05:39PM
Canadian photographer was murdered in merida yucatan.barbara mcclatchie Andrews 74 been living there for 10 years she was well known in the area she also owned a gallery. she was strangled and found on the side of the road. jean and i was hoping to spend 3 months in that area. so much for that idea. the young punks are creating havoc. R I P barbara
Re: murder
October 02, 2016 10:04AM
I'm just going to that area for 3 months. I have no worries about my safety. We don't know what the motive was behind this photographer's murder. Perhaps she was taking pictures of people who didn't want their picture taken. Who knows. All I know is that millions of tourists visit this area every year and this is the only murder I've heard about. Can't say the same about many American cities.
Re: murder
October 02, 2016 12:03PM
was talking about renting a place for 3 months in merida. yucatan crime rate is low compared to other places in mexico. its a lot different than traveling as a tourist. the area we were looking to rent is in a upscale neighborhood but then found out lots of car robberies and breakand enters.that is coming from the mouths of people from the area. they claim it was never like this before. we will continue to visit yucatan as a tourist especially playa del Carmen. not crazy driving through the us they might confuse me for a muslim. as Indira ghandi once said ignorance breeds ignorance
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sólo puedes enviar mensajes si estás registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquí para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |