Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusión
Re: Shingles
December 09, 2013 12:02PM
A major problem with Obamacare is that he has been forced to water it down to the ridiculous. Most other first world countries make it mandatory to belong to their government plan thereby spreading the costs and risks across the entire population. This eliminates the heavy bias towards enrolling only those who are higher risk and very costly patients. The government is usually less efficient but as an offset the government doesn't need to drive a profit.

A few countries allow the ADDITION of private coverage but all must belong to "the plan". I believe France mandates that one belongs to the basic plan, which covers basic and emergency health issues, and mandates that one belongs to a "pay for" supplementary plan. I'm a l'il foggy on that one.

Thanks to Sampers. I guess I should take the shot.
December 09, 2013 08:31PM
Fred, the no-bid contracts given by Rick Perry to his campaign contributors proved once and for all that the private sector is NOT more efficient than the public, just another lie to direct money to favored recipients. When he hired some buds to re-do the public assistance rolls, once they'd used up the contract money, he had to bring the state workers back in to finish the project. Then, after Hurricane Ike, he put hurricane relief in the pockets of some other contributors. It only cost five times as much - but I'm sure part of that came back to Rick in the form of campaign contributions. My own agency has tried any number of times to outsource to private contractors and has yet to show one penny in savings. Sorry, guy, but people go into public service jobs to...wait for it...serve the public.
December 14, 2013 02:09PM
"Sorry, guy, but people go into public service jobs to...wait for it...serve the public."

And in most circumstances because they cant make a living working in the private sector.
December 15, 2013 08:04AM
Tell it to the Marines, Pepe...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sólo puedes enviar mensajes si estás registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquí para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |