Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusiσn

Beisbol : MVP then and now

Posted by • Enviado por Uncle Mort 
Index
Aerial Photos
Birds
Fiestas
Fish
Recipes
Spanish
Telephones
Transportation
Beisbol : MVP then and now
October 26, 2010 05:53PM
Sure were alot of veteran can't miss overpaid players who whiffed in this post season. Ryan Howard Jason Werth ARod Swisher Texeira and i'm missing some. Giants pitching is gonna tire and how many more hits can they get from retreads like Cody Ross? Their rookie catcher is outstanding but it's Posey and a bunch of Posers, Texas should win the series with its excellent hitters. Whaddaya say?

Never mind that i predicted Yanks-Phils in the finale. I'm sure to be right this time.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2010 06:07PM by Uncle Mort.
Re: World Serious & Hot Stove League
October 26, 2010 06:23PM
Oh, Tio Mort

Say it isn't true!
October 26, 2010 07:45PM
Since the Giants are the underdog and an NL team, and after watching the NY Giants whip on a Texas team last night, I will have to pick the Giants. But since they abondoned NY, I will root for Texas
October 27, 2010 09:56AM
five quarterbacks taken out in six games THE D IS BACK!
October 28, 2010 06:56AM
Never saw that before dept: Lincecum picks up the dribbler, runs Young back toward third base... but never throws the ball. He thought a runner was coming in from second for an automatic out, but no. A double play overcame the brain cramp.

REDSOX: Like everyone else would LOVE to have Cliff Lee paralyzing the yankees all year. All those outfielder callups amounted to very little promise i thought. Ellsbury looks safe until he shows he can't get on base. I am so tired of Papelbomb, hope he's traded to the cubs.
October 29, 2010 07:32AM
Just have to say, it's quite nice to be a Giants fan right now after two wins at home. Now, it's off to put a little hurt deep in the heart of Texas! I was 12 when they arrived in San Francisco from New York and suffered the world series losses in 1962, 1989 and 2002. Maybe this year, all will be forgotten. Sorry for your long ago loss, NJScott. Maybe this year, you can let it go. Go Giants!!!
October 31, 2010 05:52AM
I am tepidly for the Gigantes. the big thunder will have to come from guys not named Burrell or Sandoval. T's bullpen should help with plenty of walks.

Seeing GWB behind the on deck circle all night made me gag, and reminded me how he helped start the steroid era when he owned the Texas Rangers.Quite a muscle bound lineup posing for SI. He looked more animated about sharp grounders than he ever did running the country.
November 01, 2010 09:15AM
Yaaaawwwnn. Not a memorable series so far. Amazing how many BAD calls by the umps throughout the playoffs. More replays please.
November 01, 2010 09:51AM
Mort, maybe you have a low boredom threshold or maybe it's that you got no real skin in the game but for far away Giants fan, it has been a super series so far, one more to go and the parade is going up Market Street and the Bush family can go home losers.
November 01, 2010 01:26PM
my dad was a giants fan from the bronx. let's play seven. Beautiful parks, good weather. more baserunning less homeruns. knock those starters out early and come to blows.

meanwhile... i am sick of those dull tv announcers. and the network compulsion to cut away and 'speed up' the game. last night, big pitch coming with men on, pressure mounting... and buck suddenly switches video to rehash a who-cares-anymore pitch decision from the previous game, including footage of the mound conference. returning just as the hitter connects. jon miller on radio is great, but way ahead of the tv action unfortunately. During the regular season the Giants team of Krukow/... are the best going. Orsillo/Remy the dullest duo. comes to an opinion i'm full of it i mean them.
November 03, 2010 04:45AM
Very low WS ratings suggest people agreed with my take on the games.
November 03, 2010 06:13AM
"Texas should win the series with its excellent hitters. Whaddaya say?"
I say, NOT! So sorry to hear the tv ratings were low, might be other things going on in people's lives
these days elsewhere, but it was "game on" in the Bay Area and in the hearts of all Giant's fans everywhere.
Thanks to this year's edition for a great and so satisfying season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2010 06:14AM by alan vlautin.
November 03, 2010 01:28PM
Sticking your neck out after the victory parade haha? Great to get the monkey off the giant's back, after getting bit by the rally monkey in '02. i was picking SF to win that division all summer but they waited til the last week to snatch it. Renteria was such a bust TWICE in the AL, i figured he was done and indeed he may be now. after TWO world series clinching hits hoo boy i think only one other player can say that and i can't remember who. uribe also surprised me. they made up for Burrell and Sandoval who did NOT surprise. SF will have to make alot of moves w everyday players over the winter.
Re: Beisbol : Hot Stove League 2011
November 04, 2010 08:35AM
Last words on the subject: The Giants happily surprised themselves and their fans this year with their success. They came together as a team and won the whole thing together. They have a solid pitching rotation, set for years to come, and a young catcher who has the pitching staff's respect. The pitching built it, the bats will come.
November 04, 2010 10:13AM
It was a glorious day in The City for the celebration. Nicer weather could not have been ordered from a menu.
November 05, 2010 02:14PM
Right you are Alan, SF has built a strong core. Posey is the next Johnny Bench right now, quality catchers are tough to come by. those other pieces look easier. who's available? the redslops are stuck w victor martinez who's mediocre at two different positions.
November 07, 2010 04:39AM
Fewer runs scored, more strikeouts:<[www.hardballtimes.com];

(for some reason i can't paste entire articles to this section, only a fraction appears...)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2010 04:44AM by Uncle Mort.
November 08, 2010 03:56PM
Little Monmouth Beach, New Jersey, population 2,300, now has an NFL head coach and MLB manager. John Farrell of the Toronto Blue Jays and Jason Garrett of the Dallas Cowboys. Way to go guys, I wish the first well and the latter nothing but failure
November 12, 2010 06:07PM
I read a piece about 'greatest MVP snubs' of all time. TED WMS overlooked twice when his ## killed Dimaggio and some other guy. Albert Belle, Derek Jeter in recent years.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sσlo puedes enviar mensajes si estαs registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquν para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |