Home >> Main Index >> Forum Home • Foro Inicio >> Off-Topic Forum >> Thread • Discusión
Canada is a country
July 15, 2013 02:14PM
I just thought I would put an end to the nonsense about Great Britain being the ruler of Canada....
Canada, with the help of then Prime Minister Trudeau, signed the new constitution officially giving Canada the power to be the master of her own destiny. That is why there is a maple leaf and we don't sing "God Save the Queen" It is now Öh, Canada".
Ricky Campbell
Re: Canada is a country
July 15, 2013 03:07PM
"master of her own destiny"

mistress would be more PC...

I thought you were a Tica, ricky...
July 15, 2013 04:06PM
"Canada is a federal state governed as a parliamentary democracy and a constitutional monarchy, with Queen Elizabeth II as its head of state. The country is officially bilingual and multicultural at the federal level, with a population of approximately 35 million as of 2013."

The Head Louis is Queen Elizabeth the 2nd.
Second in command is David Johnson, Governor General.
The Prime Minister is number three in the line-up of who is in charge and must receive 'Royal Assent' from his boss the Governor General, who asks his boss, Liz ll for permission for most everything that the Canadian government wants to do.

There is a Queen of Canada today. (from Wikepedia)

-"The Constitution Act, 1982 was signed into law by Elizabeth II as Queen of Canada on April 17, 1982 on Parliament Hill in Ottawa.[13] Queen Elizabeth's constitutional powers over Canada were not affected by the Act, and she remains Queen and Head of State of Canada.[14] Canada has complete sovereignty as an independent country and the Queen's role as monarch of Canada is separate from her role as the British monarch or the monarch of any of the other Commonwealth realms." (Wickepedia)

However, most Canadians don't know these things. Legally, Canada can make amendments to its constitution without Royal assent since the Canada Act of 1982, which was the first British law written in French language since the middle ages.
[en.wikipedia.org]

Canada is both a parliamentary democracy and a constitutional monarchy in legality.
[en.wikipedia.org]

You wouldn't expect such a diverse group of world outcasts to really be able to look after things by themselves, would you Rickey¿¿¿

I think the real name is still legally, The Dominion of Canada. Butt most Canadians are embarrassed by these legal empirical ties. Especially this guy:
[iconicphotos.wordpress.com]

What Great Britain doesn't have is beavers¡
July 15, 2013 04:16PM
But, Elizabeth II is the sovereign of Canada, you know, the lady on the twenty dollar bill.
July 15, 2013 04:20PM
ok...before this gets cranked way up...it's WAY OFF TOPIC!!

but I did hear you can see the queen's beaver on one of her coins...
July 15, 2013 04:50PM
Dry, that things got TEETH!!!

tail end looks a little flat....
July 15, 2013 05:14PM
ok...off we go...but, sorta sounds like old girlfriends...
July 15, 2013 06:06PM
While we're way OT on Canada, I just found this in a blog about how cheap Canadians really are:

What's the difference between a Canadian and a canoe?

-A canoe tips.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. • Lo siento, sólo puedes enviar mensajes si estás registrado.

Click here to login • Haz click aquí para entrar

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |