Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Colima >> Colima - Comala >> Topic

New Boutique Hotel

Posted by Willie Bodrak 
New Boutique Hotel
March 04, 2012 06:53PM
Last night after dinner, we went to the new Hacienda del Gobernador for an adult beverage and to have a look around. We arrived about 9:30 pm and were the only people there besides the owner and 2 employees for the entire time there. It is lovely BUT quite expensive!!! The guys ordered a glass of wine each and the price was $100 mx ea......my Bailey's was $50 mx....they were served with 2 kinds of olives. The attention to detail was perfect and they have invested a LOT of $$$ in the place. You can look at their website: [haciendadelgobernador.com] At least it offers something for a very special event near downtown Colima with secure offstreet, onsite parking! English spoken, if needed.
Re: New Boutique Hotel
March 06, 2012 01:56PM
Gotta check this place out when I make it back to Colima. $100 for wine is expensive if they gave you the usual "vino de la casa". It usually ends up being Casillero del Diablo, Concha y Toro or if you are really unlucky they give you some of that Don Simon crap from SamĀ“s at $29 pesos a bottle. Better off with some of that good ole Thunderbird!
Re: New Boutique Hotel
March 09, 2012 03:10PM
You may want to hurry because unless they get more business soon or have very deep pockets, you might miss the place. I really hope they make it, as it is a nice addition to the places to go at night. Just wish their prices were more reasonable!
Oh, it wasn't just a run-of-the-mill wine but the guys didn't like it as well as some less expensive offerings around town, at La Chepa especially. I remember my days of Thunderbird and Annie Green Springs too and truly hope to never have to go back to those!!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |