Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Colima >> Colima - Comala >> Topic

Looking for dog friendly hotel or doggy daycare COLIMA

Posted by lbelloruiz 
Looking for dog friendly hotel or doggy daycare COLIMA
October 03, 2011 07:51PM
I will be in Colima in mid- November. I need to be in a hotel for 3 days, in/near downtown Colima, while receiving medical care at the Guadalupana. My husband wants to be with me, but he has a small service dog. We cannot find a hotel that will let him stay with me with the small dog. Hotel personnel don't understand or care that this is not just a "dog" but rather a well behaved, trained service dog.

Does anybody know of a dog friendly hotel near the center of Colima OR a good, reputable doggy care place where we can leave the dog for 3 days and he'll go visit him, when not caring for me.

HELP. ASAP. Tx. Linda
[/size]
Re: Looking for dog friendly hotel or doggy daycare COLIMA
October 04, 2011 08:02AM
We have been using, on occasion, a very nice, good, English speaking vet in Colima. I am not sure if he does boarding but he might be able to steer you to a place. Very reasonably priced. He is not in Centro but easy to get to:

Veterinaria Palma......MVZ Juan Alfonso Escamilla
Venustiano Carranza 1034-D
Colima
323 4510
emergency 312 118 2481

He is located near the Campo Verde school...just north of Ave. Technologico which is the street where Walmart is located.

As for hotels that accept service dogs, he might be able to help with that too. Did you try the Maria Isabella, the Ceballos Best Western, or Candelaria?
If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
October 04, 2011 09:11AM
Thank you for your response. I tried the Maria Isabella and the Ceballos Best Western. I even contacted Best Western Corp here in the States to see if they could make an exception. They said no, they can't regulate the policies of individual hotels in foreign countries. I haven't tried the Candelaria but will, and the Vet. Thanks. Linda
October 06, 2011 09:08AM
Veterinaria Zubillaga is closer to where you will be.
We also run Casa Alvarada in Comala we are Pet Friendly but we are about 20 - 25 minutes from where you will be.
If that works for you we will be glad to hear from you.
Saludos

[www.AdmireMexicoTours.com]
AdmireMexicoTours@hotmail.com
THE LOCAL EXPERTS

Follow us on Facebook: Admire Mexico Tours DMC
Follow our blog: [AdmireMexicoTours.blogspot.com]

October 08, 2011 04:07PM
We can attest to Jupiter & Mara's B & B, having stayed there 73 days in one year!!! The last time was for about 2 mos with our 2 dog & fat cat.
You cannot ask for nicer hosts!!! Their breakfasts were always delicous & filling. I did not mention their place earlier because you said you wanted to stay in Colima but Comala really isn't that far away...maybe 15 min. If you don't mind a small drive, we would certainly put them at the top of the list!!
October 08, 2011 04:15PM
Thank you everybody for your referrals and suggestions. We have found a place to leave our dog. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Tomzap is such a valuable tool!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |