Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Colima >> Colima - Comala >> Topic

More area favorites including dentist

Posted by iamx 
More area favorites including dentist
April 20, 2011 07:31AM
More area favorites

--Autolavado (car wash). We went to several good ones, but the best was La Parota, owned by Daniel Corona and staffed by him, his wife, and a nephew. They pour over both the inside and outside of the car for an hour - in the U.S.A. we would call it detailing - and Daniel takes immense pride in his work. He charges about 60 pesos and speaks OK English. Graciano Sanchez No. 18 - about three blocks from our bungalow on the road to Nogueras.
--Mechanic. Autoservicio USA. Rafael spent over 20 years working in a US dealership, speaks good English, and is fully equiped with many thousands of dollars worth of Snap-on tools. He's at the west edge of Comala two blocks off the road to La Caja. Phone: 159-6372.
--Dentist: Ricardo Bravo speaks excellent English (German too, according to his card) and is an excellent dentist, all for those famous Mexican prices. He has a modern, hygenic office in Colima at Venustiano Carranza No. 870, Local 1. Phone 313-83-23. Cell: 312-141-93-11. Email at riccardo09@yahoo.com
--Tiro Loco Hot Dogs/Casual Restaurant/Funky Bar. I'm not really a bar person but my son said I should check this out. Just half a block west of the north side of the square is the hot dog stand out front. Bacon-wrapped, good toppings, but a bit more pricey than similar places in Colima. The restaurant inside has big floppy burgers with a good selection of toppings and, according to a friend, great tortas. Go through the restaurant to the very rustic bar which is decorated with collages of Mexican and international movie stars, old photos of Mexican bandidos etc., antiques and old guns hanging around, cold beer, good mixed drinks, and a Gringo-friendly juke box.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |