Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Colima >> Colima - Comala >> Topic

Cancer treatment in Colima

Posted by Kuffy 
Cancer treatment in Colima
November 18, 2014 09:08AM
Would like to hear from from anyone who has received beam radiation prostate cancer treatments or has relevant info re cancer clinics in Colima ( not interested in alternative cancer treatment clinics). Had plans to spend 6 months in Melaque this winter but with my recent diagnosis here in Saskatchewan It looks like my time in the warmth will be shortened, I am scheduled for 39 treatments which means winter driving 2 hrs per treatment, So what I am trying to find out if I could do these treatments in Colima.
Re: Cancer treatment in Colima
November 18, 2014 11:27AM
This is our experience but we were shopping for a 10 year old and this new hospital is for adults

Tuesday was our first trip to Colima in search of the Cancer Clinic. I had located it on Google Maps so had some idea. It turns out that the one I found is the old one and is either discontinued or being redone as a branch. They gave us directions to the new hospital near the highway across from the Toyota Dealer. We found that but it is for adults only. They said for children we'd have to go to the Regional University Hospital out by Home Depot east of town.

[sparksmex.blogspot.mx]

Sparks Blog - Melaque Blog - Costalegre

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2014 11:28AM by sparks.
Attachments:
open | download - instituto-estatal-de-cancerologia.jpg (39.2 KB)
November 18, 2014 12:21PM
Thanks Sparks , will google that name & see what comes.
November 18, 2014 12:51PM
Google search resulted in some contact info, But if medical system is similar to Canada I will probably need a referral from a Mexico Dr.
Didn't get much help from the cancer clinic here in Sask in regards to a referral , other than " why would you want to do that?"
November 25, 2014 04:21PM
One of our friends is a retired Oncologist, I will call him up see if he can recommend anyone.
Saludos,
Jupiter

[www.AdmireMexicoTours.com]
AdmireMexicoTours@hotmail.com
THE LOCAL EXPERTS

Follow us on Facebook: Admire Mexico Tours DMC
Follow our blog: [AdmireMexicoTours.blogspot.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |