Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Colima >> Colima - Comala >> Topic

Electrical supply store

Posted by Mexico Don 
Electrical supply store
January 28, 2013 09:02AM
About 5 years ago I was in the heart of old part of city of Colima and came across a store that had a huge selection of electrical supplies. Nice displays in glass counters and everything to fix a lamp, toaster, vacuum cleaner, odd bits and pieces. Big selection of lamps, bulbs, switch's, etc. All I can remember is it was a block or two off the old part of town square. Lots of "Oh darn it, I broke it parts" or "Dang nab it all I need is a new switch" type of part.

I think I would recognize the place if I had a clew as to what street to start looking on?

Thanks Don
Re: Electrical supply store
January 28, 2013 09:52AM
Yep, I had a hard time prying myself out of there too. If it's still in business, it was (I think) on Hidalgo right around the corner from the Cathedral. GPS for us dummies: Stand facing the front of the cathedral, head toward the museum(right), then go left about a block.
Now I lost one too...I was in a superb (huge) lighting store a while back. Somehow I think it was near a Soriana....terrific stock of light fixtures
and some great displays. Any suggestions as to where I was ? This time I'll go back without a beer buzz!
January 28, 2013 11:30AM
Scott mucho gracia, yep that's kind of how I remember the location, thanx for the input.

Huge lighting store? A builder told me there was huge one on the same street as Sears only down further? I don't know if down is into town or back towards the highway? Just guessing from how the conversation went I would think further into town? If ya find it please let know.

Sitting at my confusor having a Pacifico.....
February 13, 2013 10:23PM
The store is called electricos de la villa. It is on Av. Tecnológico very close to la Campana Ruins. It is actually across from where Comercial Mexicana use to be.

Saludos,

[www.AdmireMexicoTours.com]
AdmireMexicoTours@hotmail.com
THE LOCAL EXPERTS

Follow us on Facebook: Admire Mexico Tours DMC
Follow our blog: [AdmireMexicoTours.blogspot.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |