Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Colima >> Colima - Comala >> Topic

SEARCHING FOR ORCHARDS

Posted by jimmydidit 
SEARCHING FOR ORCHARDS
March 02, 2013 04:02PM
Looking for orchards of Apple, Peach, Cherry, Plum, Pear and Pecan in the greater Colima area. I've chased a lot of general info but I need solid info/directions. I need the dead wood trimmings for smoking meat, 50 to 100 kilos of dry wood. Will come and get it or pay for delivery. I'm in Barra. Thanks, Jimmy.
Re: SEARCHING FOR ORCHARDS
March 03, 2013 11:49AM
Hello I think it is dificult to get this in Colima. We are not strong producers for these type of trees you are looking for.

Maybe in Jalisco it would be easier.

I know several green houses will ask for this.

Saludos,

[www.AdmireMexicoTours.com]
AdmireMexicoTours@hotmail.com
THE LOCAL EXPERTS

Follow us on Facebook: Admire Mexico Tours DMC
Follow our blog: [AdmireMexicoTours.blogspot.com]

March 04, 2013 07:33AM
I spent yesterday with some friends who are farmers near Cuahtemoc which is about 10 miles towards the volcano from Colima. Juan said there are none of those trees around here. The closest I have seen peaches is on the road up Volcan de Fuego from Cd. Guzman, and both the trees and the fruit were pretty scrawny. They did tell me that there are lots of them (apples, pears, etc) around Mazamitla, near Guadalajara. Re. pecans, we went with them to Tepapla, Jalisco and saw a lot of people selling pecan halves cheap so I asked them about pecan trees. All I got was "near Tepic" but I took this to be the little town of Tepic near there, not the city near P.V. As you know, these trees require some colder temps and that's are in short supply here.
March 04, 2013 03:51PM
This came up, hope it can help you!
From next Friday (8), in the garden Nunez of this capital will be the fifth Expo live Colima 2013, involving fifty local nurseries that offered more than 300 species of plants, as well as with the presence of producers of other entities, thus was announced by the President of the State Council of producers plants ornamentRuben Cabrera Silva.Cabrera Silva explained that the expo will be inaugurated on Friday (8) afternoon where already can buy plants, while Saturday and Sunday days sale start from 10 o'clock in the morning.On Saturday (9), he explained, will be two conferences that will take place in the garden Núñez. The first of them will be on the current trends of the green walls and will be given by Salvador Flores. The second Conference is related to the importance of fruit trees, ornamental plants, issued by Iván Jiménez.He stressed that Expo live Colima 2013 have invited buyers from other States to make travel and learn about the areas where the plants occur. In addition, seeks to achieve the interest of new tourist developers of the Mexican Pacific and many others from the center of the country.Rubén Cabrera said that despite the small amount of producers of ornamental plants, Colima figure in third or fourth place nationally. He stressed that currently not exporting as previously, due to economic problems and health. However, this not concern local producers since the demand that exists in the country fails to be covered.For his part, the Secretary of Rural development of the Government of the State, Adalberto Zamarroni, recalled that producers of ornamental plants are grouped together forming the Council for eight years and dedicated to the production of different species. He revealed that at the State level, this activity generates little more than 1,600 jobs that leaves a significant economic benefit.In addition, he said that total of produced plants, 30% is made under shade and 70% is in direct sun, while the State production is mainly marketed in different markets in Guadalajara.

[www.AdmireMexicoTours.com]
AdmireMexicoTours@hotmail.com
THE LOCAL EXPERTS

Follow us on Facebook: Admire Mexico Tours DMC
Follow our blog: [AdmireMexicoTours.blogspot.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |