Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Jalisco >> Puerto Vallarta >> Topic

Small Resort near Puerto Vallarta

Posted by kris3452 
Small Resort near Puerto Vallarta
October 09, 2014 05:30PM
Last year, we flew into Mexico City, visited Puebla & Oaxaca City and finished our trip on the coast in Puerto Angel. I used this site last year to find a fabulous resort in Oaxaca - Bahia del la Luna. This year, we plan on flying into Mexico City, visiting San Miguel Allende, Guanajuato, Guadalajara and flying out of Puerto Vallarta (not because of the touristy area, because flights were cheap). I would like to find a nice, small, waterfront place - that isn't overly touristed. Our family loves cultural interaction. We fell for Bahia because it was run by a Mexican family and was small. Any suggestions? I realize what I am asking is for a miracle.. but hey.. it never hurts to ask. Thanks!
Re: Small Resort near Puerto Vallarta
October 07, 2015 03:24AM
Hola Kris,
I just to live in PV and I love the Pacific coast so I suggest to you Guayabitos or a little more up San Blas ,Nayarit state Huichol land special.
I live today in Puerto Escondido.
Gina
www.ginainpuertoescondido.wordpress.com
October 08, 2015 02:45PM
Punta de Mita is alright.. not too far from PV (on the northern tip of the Bay, about 1 hour +- to airport). Touristy, a bit, but near impossible to avoid in coastal towns.

A really nice place to stay in Punta de Mita is the Hotel La Quinta del Sol. website [laquintadelsol.com]
October 08, 2015 02:49PM
Yes, you really should try Guayabitos.
January 01, 2017 07:55AM
If you want to understand the culture, you must speak Spanish. I know the coast very well between PV and Manzanillo, and the only places that I can think of that are not already overrun by English speakers (greatly affecting the culture) are those located at the southern part of Bahia de Santiago, just before the peninsula that separates it from the commercial harbor of Manzanillo. This is a very quaint area with nice beaches, good little hotels, access to all services, and it has very few English speakers. The road from PV to Manzanillo is excellant except for the twenty minute stretch (always moving) of construction. I have homes in PV, and Barra de Navidad, and I drove this highway at least ten times in 2016. I also lived on my boat for 4.5 years, and know almost all of the anchorages along the route. I speak Spanish.

Of course, if you come in the summer there are more options. Barra de Navidad is a very Mexican town for 7-8 months of the year as are many of the small towns on the Costa Alegra.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |