Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Jalisco >> La Manzanilla - Tenacatita - Boca de Iguanas >> Topic

Tenacatita Visit

Posted by TENACATITA-1 
Tenacatita Visit
December 09, 2011 07:45PM
We rode our bikes through the gate today. The guards were playing cards. It is not the big ordeal they had set up last winter. Chile gave them his I.D. they wrote down his name and handed it back. Didn't want mine. They did not check our bags and were cordial towards us. Once at the beach we went in the water and the 2 guards standing under the palapa pretty much ignored us. Only one other guard up at the point. A couple people were snorkeling, otherwise the beach was empty. Sure miss this beautiful beach. O holy day when the gate comes down!
Re: Tenacatita Visit
December 12, 2011 09:01PM
Is it open for day visits/snorkling?

Thanks

Jose
December 13, 2011 08:27AM
Yes, if you go thru the gate show I.D. If you go by boat no I.D. required.
January 06, 2012 05:55PM
Tena today. Brought food with us. Stopped in Rebalsito to buy ice, drinks, etc. No beer! Were told we couldn't bring it in - at least in it's own bottle (Thought we could make it for the day w/o one) Showed ID (driver's license). Stepped out of car and they checked our cooler then let us pass through the gate. Parked car and walked over hill to snorkel at La Mora. Walked back around the rocks. Guard on hilltop and a few other ones around but we were never approached by them. Spent afternoon swimming on main beach. A few other families around, mostly Mexican, and a couple boats with people snorkeling. Beach beautiful as always but sad w/o out the palapas we enjoyed visiting. Beach clean, but just under water at the shore line is a lot of 'garbage' - pieces of palm fronds, rocks, a few bricks and broken coral. Seems like maybe Jova waves washed a lot of the refuse from the ruined palapas into the sea.

Hope to go again (w/o a police presence).
January 06, 2012 07:04PM
Still no word on the Federal Concession,it could take 2 weeks or until end of month before we hear anything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |