Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Jalisco >> La Manzanilla - Tenacatita - Boca de Iguanas >> Topic

TENACATITA PICNIC

Posted by TENACATITA-1 
TENACATITA PICNIC
December 26, 2010 06:27PM
Friends of Tenacatita:
Everything is ready for a peaceful picnic in Tenacatita. If you are interested in
coming, please join us en La Manzanilla at "Restaurante Cato" on the
main drag of La Manzanilla at 9:30-10:00 or in Rebalsito at 9. We will
be meeting in front of the gasoline store on the road that goes through
town and will be entering Tenacatita through a recently cleared "back
way" in pickups supplied by the villagers. This way does not intrude on
contested lands. In La Manzanilla we will be boarding pangas. There is
no charge to go but tipping the boatman is greatly appreciated as they
are doing this as a show of support. Those of you joining us in
Rebalsito will have to walk about two kilometers. You should be in good
health and bring proper shoes, sunscreen, water, and bug repellent. We
have a band and there will be food and water but you should bring some
of your own to ensure proper hydration. You should plan on going to the
bathroom before you go. There will be facilities there but they will be
"rustic." You should bring a bathing suit as many of us will enjoy a dip
in the bay as well. Hopefully many of you will take "seize the day" and
come enjoy this historic day with the communities around Tenacatita.
Please bring cameras, come dressed in green, red, or white or all three.
PLEASE DO NOT BRING ANYTHING THAT CAN BE CONSTRUED AS A WEAPON AND
ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL. PEOPLE NOT MEETING THESE SIMPLE REQUIREMENTS WILL
BE DENIED PASSAGE. Rebalsito and the surrounding towns thank you for
your support and hope that you will join them in this important
celebration. Come ready to dance!

Peace and Good,
Juan Frost
Re: TENACATITA PICNIC
December 26, 2010 06:59PM
As a foreigner, I am NOT interested in joining a political crusade in Mexico!

"Foreigners living in Mexico may not vote or otherwise participate in the politics of Mexico. Running for political office is one of the principle methods of getting rich in Mexico. Holding political office opens up a host of opportunities for bribes, kickbacks, favors for hire, business enterprises, etc. The same could be said for most any country but in Mexico it is particularly prevalent such than anyone holding office is just assumed to be engaging in this activity. [If anyone knows of exceptions, please let me know.] It has always been this way and there is no end in sight. Why? Campaigns to throw the bums out, however glorious they may seem, are invariably either hosted by or soon taken over by a rival gang of bad guys seeking to secure power and riches for themselves, turning it into a lose-lose situation for the public and bringing out the worst in both sides. " [www.tomzap.com]
December 26, 2010 07:56PM
This is a PICNIC for FRIENDS of TENACATITA, not a political action.
Anyone who does not understand this should not take part.
December 26, 2010 08:01PM
is that what the armed guards will think?
December 26, 2010 08:20PM
Comentario de Cyberpueblo el diciembre 24, 2010 a las 12:38am
I landed in Tenacatita today and though they blared the siren at me I didn't get pummeled and got to have a very lively talk with what seemed to be the head cop there. We had a ten minute discussion where he conceded that I had the right to be on the beach as long as I didn't "invade their privacy with cameras." He even said I could camp although the first question was did I think I had land there... I suspect if I had said yes they would have thrown me out. But... apparently you can camp there if you ask nicely, don't know how that would go over if you were Mexican. He told me the state had sent him and that he was state police. Earlier in the day I noticed some Mexican campers were being turned back from the gate. Don't know if they asked to camp though.

Hope some of you will put on your big boy pants ;) and join us on Monday for the picnic. You would be landing well after everything went OK. Mexicans would land first and if there were a problem you wouldn't even land. The lawyer Resendis says you are clear and two Mexican federal Representatives say you are clear. This is a party not a political demonstration. As the governor is so fond of saying. This is "business between private individuals."

Photos of it here:
[cyberpueblo.com]

and here:

[cyberpueblo.com]
December 26, 2010 08:34PM
RE:"Hope some of you will put on your big boy pants ;) and join us on Monday for the picnic. You would be landing well after everything went OK. Mexicans would land first and if there were a problem you wouldn't even land. The lawyer Resendis says you are clear and two Mexican federal Representatives say you are clear. This is a party not a political demonstration. As the governor is so fond of saying. This is "business between private individuals." "

Well then, why not put on YOUR BIG BOY PANTS and add your name and address by clicking on "contol center" above.

Maybe we can rewrite The Zaps warning that has some profound advice for foreigners living in Mexico.

THIS AIN'T BERKELEY IN THE EARLY 70'S
December 26, 2010 08:51PM
I do wear big boy pants ,but I prefer a skirt for dancing.My name is Mary Ann and I have put my name out there.
Just ask anyone connected with Tenacatita and El Rebalsito.
December 26, 2010 08:58PM
Well then Mary Ann ????????????????

My bad

I shudda said
February 09, 2012 08:56AM
February 09, 2012 03:32PM
Bounder ... why would you bump this when it's just the crazy Buzzard going off again of on of his crazy tangents .... and the Picnic was two months ago. Is this something that happens to old folks living in a trailer at Laguna de Tules?

Sparks Blog - Melaque Blog - Costalegre
February 23, 2012 03:01PM
sparks, maybe bounder had a premonition - sounds like a picnic will be had as soon as those *&%$@ (to be read as "pesky") guards leave with their *&%$# (pesky) fence and some sense of normalcy is returned to the land!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |