Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Jalisco >> La Manzanilla - Tenacatita - Boca de Iguanas >> Topic

A Request for Help from El Rebalsito

Posted by Mike B. 
A Request for Help from El Rebalsito
August 29, 2010 09:22AM
This was sent by a resident of El Rebalsito as a plea to help generate international public awareness of the situation there;

Hello everyone.

The mood in El Rebalsito is very gloomy, people are talking on street corners, seems no one is working these days, fishermen try to go fishing,but bring only a very few and small fish. Villagers have heard that Rodenas wants to open a new Cancun here and where stands Rebalsito today will be a golf course. Rodenas knows very well, if they starve the village for a while, villagers will be eager to sell for the offered 10% of a value of their homes. This price has already been offered to ****** the (foreign) lady for her house on a beach.
Rodenas wants to go really big with development from the beach through Rebalsito and further.

The people from Gudalajara, who have homes here want to sell now in hopes to get a bit more money now, than when Rodenas will be buying them.

Governor of Jalisco,who is brother in law of Villalobo said on TV that the beach is accesible to the public, public only needs to walk 100 metres more. Villalobo showed on TV that the gate is open on a road and that the access to the beach is available. Both men lied. I went to the closed gate and was laughed at by the police when I told them that the beach was said to be open on TV. They replied that they have their instructions.

Every vehicle going to the beach is stopped and turned around. Some vehicles get through, like the workers there, and their vehicles are searched for cameras and even celular phones are confiscated.

My friends, in my humble opinion I believe that we cannot fight a corrupted government and police from the inside of Mexico.
With your help we have to bring international awareness to this police supported aggressive invasion. You all have friends and some friends have power. We need international media attention, we need UNESCO, any international bodies working on behalf of the people whose human rights have been stolen from them. We will need money to keep the village alive and the lawyers paid. I am sure, if each of you spends time thinking on a subject that you all will come with ideas what to do,whom to contact. Once we will have a strong support,then we can start court proceedings here.

Tomorrow I will encourage the teenegars here to start writing letters. Letters to CNN and any other TV stations and newspapers outside this country. I want each of them to tell their story. Unfortunately our local TV stations and newspapers have been bought by Rodenas and they show only politically correct and happy scenes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2010 09:27AM by Mike B..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |