Home >> Main Index >> Home >> State of Jalisco >> La Manzanilla - Tenacatita - Boca de Iguanas >> Topic

Baseball/Beisbol is alive and well in La Manzanilla

Posted by Baseball Patti 
Baseball/Beisbol is alive and well in La Manzanilla
January 15, 2013 05:58PM
Hi everyone, please let me introduce myself, My name is Patti Wagner and I am one of the committee members for the La Manzanilla Baseball League. This was founded last year, through the generosity and hard work of many Canadians, Americans, and Mexicans. The League is geared to the children of La Manz. , boys and girls ages 8-16. We started with 3 kids, 3 gloves, ! ball and 1bat, using bricks for bases. We now have 2 divisions, junior and senior, and equipment enough for all. There is no registration fee, and no child has been turned away from playing. We hold various fundraisers through the "high season" to keep these kids playing from October to June.

This Saturday, January 19 we will be having a special game. It seems that many of our coaches, and volunteers want to play. So we are having an "Olde Phartes vs Mas Olde Phartes" game, beginning at 3 pm at the soccer field. Come on out and watch a fun game, serious, but fun. Bring a chair as seating is limited, beverages of your choice, and get set to sing a rousing rendition of "Take me out to the ball game."

Admission is by donation at the gate, and we will also be having a 50/50 draw. Many of our "younger" players will be out to watch their coaches actually have to run, lol.

Come visit La Manzanilla, have lunch on the beach, and then head out to ball game. What a great way to spend a Saturday.

P.S. the soccer field(where we play) is on the main street, across the dry river bed about 1 1/2 blocks. Ask anyone in town, they will point you in the right direction.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

| Top of page | Main index | Search | What's new |