Top of page |
Real Estate |
Additional accommodations are located in San Agustinillo 1 km to the east, Playa Ventanilla to the west, and Puerto Escondido, to the far west.
- Alta Mira Bungalows (958) 584-3104. 415-388-9067 (U.S.). Located at the west end of the beach. Mazunte's best accommodations with spacious palapa bungalows, four-poster beds with mosquito netting, lofts, tiled bathrooms, and wrap-around balconies with panoramic views. During high season, December thru Easter, reservations are recommended. High season rates: $35 for a double. Low season rates: around $25. Some rooms have sewage smell. (4/05) Breakfast and Supper served upon request by the hostess, Doña Rosa. (one negative report on food) Long staircase to the beach.
- Los Cocos Located on the main road. Rooms with baths. $20/double. (6/03)
- Cabañas Balamjuyuc next door to Restaurant Omar, high up on the hill with ocean view. Vegetarian restaurant, therapeutic massage, temaxacal, boat trips, snorkel fishing. Rooms with shared bathroom, sewage smell. US$25. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (4/07)
- Cabañas Yuri has 4 good sized palapa style cabañas (2 of which are much nicer than the others) with nice views of the beach, no-frills double beds, space for hammocks, and indoor private showers (between $15 and $25/ double occupancy). Basic rooms with mosquito netting over the beds, and shared bathrooms are US$11/person (6/08).
- Costa Chica House Rentals Homes and Bungalows available for rent in Mazunte, San Agustinillo, Zipolite and Puerto Angel. email@example.com (11/13)
- OceanoMar next to the Mermejita beach. 5 suites, restaurant, pool (with children area), yoga, massage. firstname.lastname@example.org (12/12)
- Palapa El Mazunte besides being a restaurant, they also have 9 rooms available for rent. High season $5/person, low season $6/two persons and $3/extra person, hammocks $2/person, and space for tents $2/person (11/99). If you have the option, get the upstairs rooms with the beach view. Shared bathrooms.
- Posada la Barca Right on the beach between Mazunte and San Agustinillo below Posada Arigalan. Enquire at Posada Arigalan.
- Posada del Arquitecto Rinconcito beach. Skype: Posada.del.Arquitecto. Cabañas with private bathrooms, wireless Internet, hammock, safety-deposit, and fan. Dormitories, hammocks and floating beds with shared bathrooms and lockers. Café tavern, yoga classes, massage, tours. Email: email@example.com. (6/09)
- Posada Ziga at the east end of the beach near the turtle museum. 15 rooms with views, private bathrooms, Wi-Fi, and ceiling fans. Oceanview restaurant. High season rates: US$29-41 for a double. Low season rates: US23-33. Photo. (01/11).
- La Terraza Pool, air conditioning, restaurant, bar. I have one report of the hotel not honoring a confirmed reservation.
- Posada las Mazuntinas (958) 111-8531. Buganbilia no. 7. Modern, palapa-style cabanas offering quiet seclusion located an 8-minute walk from the beach. Private bathrooms, terraces with hammock, some units with kitchens, Wi-Fi, window screens, etc. US$35 to $55. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. (5/07)
- Cuartos Omar in the middle of Mazunte's main beach near the Centro de las Tortugas. 6 nice rooms in a two story adobe and thatch building. Each room has mosquito-netted beds, nice view of the sea (especially the 2nd story rooms), and nice locally produced wooden furnishings... shared bathrooms, $10 to $15/double. If you have a tent, you can set it up under their palapa for $3/tent (6/03).
- Posada del Arquitecto Skype: Posada.del.Arquitecto (no telephone). Beautiful rustic style cabañas by Rinconcito beach, with private bathroom, safety deposit box, hammock, ventilator $300-$500 pesos, with or without view of the ocean. Hammocks, dormitories, swinging beds $40-$70 pesos per person. Cafe, yoga classes, tourist information, bar and more. email: email@example.com. (6/09)
- Rancho Cielo de Tortugas Playa Mermejita, 1 km southwest of the Turtle Center. Spacious oceanview cabanas with king-size beds. Solar and candle-lite, large garden, organic fruits, botanic garden, traditional Oaxacan and international cuisine. Doubles US$90. By reservation only, contact firstname.lastname@example.org (7/12)
- ZOA Hotel Secreto (555) 290-2288 (Mexico). Cerrada de Museo de la Tortuga. Located on a hilltop overlookin Playa Mazunte. 5 cabañas, restaurant, pool, yoga, massage, eco tours. email@example.com (2/12)
Help keep this information current. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with updates.
Ayúdenme a mantener ésta información al día. Envía tus actualizaciones por
e-mail a email@example.com.