Puerto Escondido >>
Review of Casamar Suites
Casamar Suites: a special boutique hotel located in “La Punta” Puerto Escondido, Mexico. At Casamar, one can enjoy peaceful accommodation while being close to downtown Puerto Escondido.
During a recent two month, solo vacation to Puerto Escondido this spring, I stayed at five different hotels. Having returned to Puerto Escondido for a second visit this year, Casamar Suites was easily the place and location that I chose to make home.
The list of reasons is extensive. Here are just a few:
- Easily the very best mid range hotel in all of Puerto Escondido.
- Seasonal as well as generous discounts to returning guests. (this was a nice surprise!)
- A peaceful and very secure setting close to the charming beach, shops and restaurants of La Punta – in my opinion, the most beautiful section of Zicatela beach.(more people are discovering this…)
- Convenient and quick transportation to “downtown” Zicatela and Puerto Escondido in three ways: taxi (20-25 pesos each way), collectivo (5 pesos) or a pleasant 20-25 minute beach walk. (I walk this part of the beach once a week for sunset and dinner and taxi back home.)
- Excellent year round surfing, swimming and beach walking at La Punta - with a lifeguard tower.
- A mature, family environment with clean, smoke free rooms. (great for solo guests too!)
- Staff and owners who understand what “service” really means.
- English and Spanish are spoken and every effort is made to introduce guests to their new neighbourhood including the arrangement of tours, excursions and services. (Want to surf? Just ask! Spanish lessons, massage, horse back rise? Arranged for you!)
- The manager lives on site, providing additional security and assistance whenever needed.
- All suites have fully equipped kitchens, private bathrooms and patios. Tasteful décor and authentic Mexican Talavera tile adds to the charm and comfort of this wonderful hotel.
Complimentary activities, events and amenities: These are offered / available onsite throughout the week to all Casamar guests including:
- Excellent yoga, aerobic, water aerobics and dance classes.
- A beautiful swimming pool in a courtyard setting: palm trees, abundant flowers, butterflies, hammocks and fountain.
- A weekly evening poolside BBQ.
- An owner/ manager hosted sunset gathering on their ocean lookout terrace.
- Recreation / Family Room with satellite TV, library and ping pong table.
- Maid service – 6 days a week
- Laundry service available, condiments for cooking, pool toys.
- Boogie boards, fins, snorkels and masks available.
| Top of page |